Wednesday, February 13, 2008

How to cheer up from a big-ass case of the winter blues

OK, here's the deal:

1. I'm sick.
2. I'm in pain, having done something bad to my lower back muscles while shoveling snow yesterday.
3. Chicago has had over 40 inches of snow this winter
4. which seems endless.
5. My daughter has not said a cheerful word in the past four days, except when she's trying to get me to give her permission to get her ears pierced.
6. I had to dis-invite two couples for a dinner party I'd been planning to have on Saturday night because most people couldn't come
7. because I'm a numb-nuts who forgot all about Presidents' Day Weekend.
8. Valentine's Day is tomorrow and I have nothing for my children to bring to school
9. or to give to Mr. Buxom.

and most important of all:

10. My laptop was pronounced DOA yesterday.

And so, I decided that Mr. Buxom was going to buy me a new laptop for Valentine's Day.

And so, I went over to Amazon.

And bought this:

1 "Apple MacBook MB062LL/B 13.3" Laptop (2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 1 GB RAM, 120 GB Hard Drive, 8x SuperDrive) White"
Personal Computers; $1,299.00

1 "AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook/iBook MA519LL/A 3 Years"
Software; $199.99


Which is his Valentine's Day gift for me.

And this part? Is my Valentine's gift to him:

Subtotal of Items: $1,498.99
Shipping & Handling: $21.86
Super Saver Discount -$21.86
------
Total: $1,498.99
Gift Certificates/Cards: - $1,025.00
------
Total for this Order: $473.99

No comments:

Post a Comment