Saturday, November 10, 2007

NaBloPoMo 10: Too. Much. Travel.

This morning I got up and had my usual breakfast. I eat the instant oatmeal Weight Watchers sells at their meetings. The maple and brown sugar flavor. I put a cup of frozen blueberries in it, and it tastes like blueberry pancakes. And only 2 points!

That was it for the phytonutrients until dinner.

I headed to Midway airport and took a flight to Baltimore, then to Providence, RI, where I rented a car and drove to my brother's house in Wellesley, MA.

Lunch consisted of:

A packet of Ritz snack crackers
A packet of peanuts
A cup of coffee
A refill
Two packets of peanuts
A diet coke

By the time I got to Henry's (Blackbird and Susie Sunshine, repeat after me, HI HENRY!) I had all the allure of a piece of petrified, flavorless chewing gum that had been stuck to the bottom of an airplane seat.

Dinner helped. I had spinach salad and tuna prepared three ways. And two glasses of red wine.

But honestly, travel food is sooooooooooooooooo bad.

I have to pack something for the trip home.

No comments:

Post a Comment