Friday, April 16, 2010

Final thoughts on hair dye

It seems to me that I opened a bit of a can of worms by posting about coloring gray hair, so I thought I'd add some afterthoughts.

Like feminism, hair color is about choices.

There is so much pressure on women to continue to look young and hot by any means possible, and that's just wrong. We have a few other things on our minds, OK? I mean, even I do, and I blog about lipstick.

Here's the deal: since the majority of women are now coloring their hair, chances are that if you think you look great with gray hair, you do. So enjoy it.

But if you do choose to color your hair, please--I'm begging you--don't do it like a rock star:




Talk about COGNITIVE DISSONANCE™!

And does that last picture make anyone else think of the old Sesame Street song? "Three of these things belong together / three of these things are kind of the same ..."

No comments:

Post a Comment