Thursday, October 19, 2006

On a lighter note

Last week I was having lunch with some female friends, and we started to discuss what makes a man attractive. And we all concluded that men who make us laugh score very highly in the attractiveness sweepstakes.

And all of a sudden, I had a flash of genius. GENIUS, I tell you. As in, the committee from Stockholm will be announcing very soon that Poppy Buxom has been awarded the Nobel Prize for Everything Smart.

Here is my genius idea:

Laughing is a powerful, sometimes completely overwhelming physical response to an outside stimulus.

Now, since most females have a strong craving for an unrelated but equally powerful, sometimes completely overwhelming physical response, might we assume that a guy who can provide one overwhelming physical response might be able to provide the other?* And if he's really funny, in multiple amounts?

Well, duh. Of course. Not on the conscious level, of course. But on the unconscious level--definitely.

And now, please excuse me. I need to figure out what to wear to the ceremony in Stockholm.

* Just so you know, I'm not talking about sneezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment