Sunday, February 19, 2006

Nothing to see here, folks.

This morning I woke up with a vague feeling of malaise--a sense of something not quite right about the cranium. Cotton mouth ... headache ... total lack of appetite ... even more desire than usual for vast amounts of caffeine.

The hell?

Then I remembered. This is what a hangover feels like.

Last night we went to my friend Liz's semi-annual Loud Dinner Party. She invites all her loudest girlfriends (big surprise that I was invited, right?) and their much quieter husbands and has a big gumbo dinner. There were fourteen of us there, and I happen to know that we killed over two magnums of champagne. Before dinner. And then had wine with. And then there was the port afterwards.

This morning I'm guzzling a lot of tea. And reading blogs. Be gentle with me, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment