Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Poppy orders J. Crew Platinum Tweed Jacket, Goes Postal

I went to the J. Crew site the other day, inspired by a Une Femme's post about their leopard print silk/cashmere scarf. I ended up ordering the scarf and five more pieces. More about them later. Right now, it's all about

The Platinum Tweed Jacket



Verdict? Fail.

My first issue was with the fit. See how the jacket has so much open space at the front? This looks adorable on a waifish model. But there was a huge gap. OK, the largest size available was a 12, which I am not. But strangely enough, the jacket fit perfectly in the shoulders and across the back. Also, the jacket has a hidden front hook, so it really should meet at the center. Once more, I come to the reluctant conclusion that what looks adorable on a waif looks Too Small on the jumbo economy size.

Also, in case you're coveting this jacket and are deterred by the fact it's expensive and/or currently only available in a size 10? Be of good cheer. When I took it out of the packaging, there were a couple of long gold threads hanging off the beaded trim. Fall out from glittery eye shadow I can understand, but fall out from a brand-new, unworn piece of clothing is unacceptable.

Also, this amount of fluffy, eye-catching, bulk-increasing trim


is a really bad idea when you have a lot on your balcony. What was I thinking?

For me, to box this jacket up and bring it to the P.O. was the work of an instant.

As for the rest of the story, it's sort of depressing. Of the other items I ordered, the only one that fits is a pair of cropped khakis. Which, hello? Bored now.

On top of that, the leopard print scarf that sent me there in the first place



is sold out.

No comments:

Post a Comment