Friday, July 24, 2009

BlogHer09 Report #3 Celebrity Sighting Edition

• Mir from Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda made a special effort to come up and say hello. I was so amazed that I ran up to Susie Sunshine to tell her about it and discovered her talking away to Y of Joy Unexpected, whereupon I started squeeing so loudly that I ruptured every eardrum in a five mile radius.

• I was waiting to get another glass of wine (my fourth) and Sweetney walked up behind me and bumped me with her bag. She turned around to apologize and I shouted "I'm blogging this!" At which point she very kindly laughed at my supposed witticism and then had the good sense to stay far, far away from my sloppy drunk ass.

The Bloggess really does hang out in bathrooms. Isn't it wonderful when famous people act the way you expect them to?

• Although sometimes they don't. I don't think Neilotchka has propositioned anyone. Yet.

In other news, it turns out a real life friend of mine, Annabelle Volgman, M.D., will be in one of the exhibitor booths to teach us about women and cardiac health. I don't think she knows that I blog. Universes are about to collide! I feel like I'm going to meet Mr. Spock or something. So the the question I have for you all this: do you think it's going to be the Leonard Nimoy Spock or the Zachary Quinto/Sylar from Heroes Spock?

• I think the latter, because I think I saw Zachary/Sylar pretending to be Chris Mann last night at Alli Worthington and Co.'s People's Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment