Saturday, September 6, 2008

Now, where did I leave those Spanx?

Tonight That Stud Muffin I Married and I are going to Yet Another Black Tie event. This is the cost of being friends with people who buy tables to these things; sometimes the bullet has our name on it.

Now, I don't know about you, but it's been a while since I had to get dressed up. So I have no idea where the usual suspects are: the long dresses, the gold shoes, the matching evening bag.

On top of which I just realized my jewelry is still away at summer camp, i.e., locked up at the bank.

So I need to stop blogging now. I'm obviously going to have skimp on jewelry, and I still need to locate the rest of my evening gear. I'm still going to have to find my contact lenses. And makeup.

And take a shower. Maybe even brush my teeth.

(Given my outlook and lack of preparation, I'm amazed anyone invites me to anything.)

No comments:

Post a Comment