Monday, July 7, 2008

Well, that was a first.

Tonight I was hauling a load of darks out of the washing machine, and I was seeing the usual suspects: my son's dark green t-shirt with turtles on it from Sebastian, FL; his impossibly long thin pair of black jeans ; a black Talbot's Mom t-shirt* when I saw it:

a tube of Colgate toothpaste.

And I'm just a little puzzled trying to figure out how it got into my washing machine.

Of course, if it means that my son is walking around carrying tubes of toothpaste in his pocket ... I guess that's a good thing. I mean, dental hygiene is very important.

But tell me. And be gentle.

Teenagers aren't huffing toothpaste these days, are they?

* You've heard of Mom jeans, right? Well, way ahead of you, people. Mom t-shirts are a bit boxy, cut to conceal back fat, and have sleeves long enough to cover upper arm batwings. You know exactly what I'm talking about, don't you? It's a phenomenon you'd sort of noticed, but never articulated. I said what you'd been thinking. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment