Sunday, March 23, 2008

The past two days: a photo essay.

Easter Saturday was busy. I needed to buy suitcases for my kids.


And a pair of shoes for Poppette. But she refused to come with me. What kind of daughter refuses to go shoe-shopping with her mother? I mean, Jebus, I was even paying. But I showed little Miss I'd-rather-listen-to-my-iPod. I didn't buy her these:


Instead I bought her these:


See the cute lining?

They're Gucci knock-offs by Sam and Libby.

I had to buy this kind of thing, too:

And come home and hide it all. Then it was time to get dressed up and go to dinner.

First course, beet carpaccio:

Second course, short ribs of beef on truffled polenta:

Then The Barber of Seville:

Dessert:

and more Barber:
then home to make sure the Easter Bunny showed up. He did:

Sunday morning was church. We had three services--luckily I only needed to be there for the second and third. After the 9:00 I peeked into the sanctuary to see whether I could find my family. It was already filling up by 10:30.

The bishop officiated at the 11:00 service. First we gathered in the plaza outside the cathedral:


Then we processed into the cathedral.

It was character building.

I sneaked my camera into the sanctuary. Now mind you, I didn't allow photographs at my own wedding. Because I think there is no place for cameras in a church service. But then I snapped this just as the recession started. Why?


Because I am an ASSHOLE. An inconsistent one.

After the service was over we admired the flowers


We were very aware of how pretty we they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment