Tuesday, October 2, 2007

It drives me crazy.

I am posting from my messy, under construction, dusty, plastic-sheet draped, malodorous house. Why?

Because my big ass laptop has lost the internet.

My husband fiddled with it and told me the HP Wireless program wouldn't run, the nanowidget wouldn't interface with the watchamacallitron, and somehow, the driver appears to be missing.

Frankly, that conversation reminded me of the Gary Larson cartoon where he shows you what is being said to the dog, and then what the dog understands.

Yes, I did just call myself a dog. Because I feel like one. Or maybe I just feel like a mother.

My big ass laptop is only 14 months old. A toddler.

And laptops are like babies, you know. They're so cute! And portable! You carry them around with you. You want to sleep with them in your bed, but you worry that they'll fall off. You count their ages in months.

And then, they shit on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment