Sunday, September 9, 2007

It's Poppy, bitch.

So guess what? I'm live blogging the MTV Video Music Awards! Aren't I trendy!

Two things you need to know right away:

Britney Spear's big comeback vehicle, "Gimme More," or whatever it's called isn't just a lame song; it's a lame song that was being lipsynched by a zombie. I mean, you can't even call it lipsynching, because half the time she didn't even bother to move her lips in time to the lyrics; she just smiled a little bit. And looked like she was wondering whatever happened to the big snake.

As for dancing, Lucille Ball danced more energetically in Mame. And she was 63 at the time.

But even I, who practically made a career out of snarking Britney Spears over at Mamarazzi, felt sorry for her when as soon as she got off the stage, Sarah Silverman (the comedienne currently showing up in Gap ads)--came out and basically trashed the performance, trashed Britney, called Britney's kids mistakes--and got a bigger reaction than Britney did.

I felt a little sorry for Britney. And pissed off at this Sarah person. So I turned off the television. In protest, I guess.

Either that, or I was feeling territorial.

Because when I'm around, no one else gets to make fun of Britney.

No comments:

Post a Comment