Wednesday, May 2, 2007

I see the White Hen Pantry in the waitress role

At times volunteering is eerily like having an actual real-live paying job. Without the paycheck or the benefits. Don't believe me? This was yesterday:

9:00 Dropped children's lost homework at school
9:15 Picked up four big trays of invitations from printer
Drove to Chicago
10:00 First of three meetings
11:00 Focus group
12:00 Lunch
1:30 Drove to Chicago Cultural Center for meeting; used Wi-Fi to work on agenda for 5:30 meeting
2:00 Meeting
3:00 finished and printed spreadsheet and agenda
4:30 Headed back to set up my 5:30 meeting
5:30 Ran meeting
7:15 Finally got to drive home

At times like this I wonder why I call myself a "housewife." I didn't see my house all day. I bet it went out with a couple of other houses, had a few beers, watched the game, and flirted with the waitress.

No comments:

Post a Comment