Thursday, February 28, 2008

We are too soon old. And too late smart.

You know, you'd think I'd have figured this out long before now. But no. No, every night it's meat, at least one fresh green vegetable, and starch, all cooked from scratch. And usually, there are two vegetables, and sometimes I cook something extra--salad, usually, but sometimes biscuits or corn bread or some such.

I realize this is not particularly impressive.

But once in a while I'll check out one of those weekly menus you see in women's magazines. And I'm always amazed at what slop some women will place upon a table and call "dinner."

Well, OK, tonight I decide to go lowest common denominator. Tonight the children's dinner was grilled cheese sandwiches, Campbell's soup, milk, and fresh fruit.

OH GOD I FEEL SO DIRTY.

No comments:

Post a Comment