Monday, February 25, 2008

Three guesses what I've been doing lately

1. Fear paralyzes me.

The longer I wait, the worse it gets.

I need to go down there, but I'm afraid to confront it. It grew continually all last week, and now it's out of control. At any minute, it could burst out of the basement and flood the house.

It's like a big, baggy, cottony Godzilla. If I concentrate, I can almost hear it making that eerie screeching noise. You know the one.

The very idea of hearing that unearthly sound should make my blood run cold.

But let's face it; Godzilla was actually so feeble ... they should have waited for the technology to improve, but no, they had to go ahead and make all these dumb movies with obviously fake, cheesey monsters ... Right. I'll come in again.

2. It beckons to me, and I respond. Oh, how I respond! After a week of acting coy, of playing the game, of testing boundaries, I have met my match. I know my master, and he is downstairs in the basement. Waiting for me to turn him right side out and stuff him in the washing machine ... OK, that isn't working, either.

3. Haiku

Snow falls; ice slicks streets.
We never go out--Netflix!
So who is wearing these clothes?

No comments:

Post a Comment