Thursday, November 8, 2007

NaBloPoMo 8: Swimming with endorphins

Yesterday I received a rather unpleasant voice mail.* Someone wanted to rip me a couple of new nostrils, or maybe two nostrils and an anus.

At any rate, I was mildly perturbed by the situation. I pondered it long and hard.

What I didn't do? Is binge eat. Or drink more than the usual glass of wine with dinner.

Instead, I found myself thinking: "I can't wait to head to the gym tomorrow and get on the treadmill."

Pal Fiddledeedee said it best: "Just imagine--the gym rats and tennis playing girls were right all along."

Exercise is the best, cheapest, OTC treatment for anxiety and depression. Two months of gym going, and I'm addicted.

I don't crave Doritos. I crave enDorphins

*Understated a la WASP. But then I thought, how will anyone be able to tell that I was upset? So I stuck in some italics.

No comments:

Post a Comment