Wednesday, November 7, 2007

NaBloPoMo 7: 175.2, or, In which I out myself

I didn't think I could make it to this week's Weight Watcher's meeting because I had to take my daughter to the pediatrician for a walk-in visit, and you just never know how that will go. I mean, the cold and flu season is starting up, and who knows how many walk-ins there will be, or how much time we're going to have to spend in an examining room, reading bad magazines and listening to a baby wail two doors down?

(Personally, I feel extremely lucky not to be live-blogging from the pediatrician's waiting room.)

But hey! We got out pretty quickly, so before we went to pick up her prescription, I let her sit in the van (watching Madonna's Immaculate Collection videos on my iPod)* while I ran in and got weighed.

Good news! I lost another 1.8 pounds and now weigh 175.2, for a total loss so far of 17.6 pounds.

The weird thing is how happy I am to weigh 175 pounds.

---
Women keep so many secrets. They hide their age, their weight, the number of lovers they've had, their bra size, and their IQ ... but not your Poppy!

I freely admit that my weight, in pounds, is currently higher than my IQ.
---

Let's talk numbers, shall we?

135: what I weighed when I reached my full height in 10th grade
150: what I weighed my senior year, when I broke up with my first boyfriend--the one who used to bug me about my weight
163: what I weighed when I graduated from high school
150: my fighting weight in college, when I swam half a mile a day, lifted weights, and walked everywhere I went
148: what I weighed when I met my husband
180: what I weighed nine years later when I got pregnant with our son (1994)
211: what I weighed when I delivered him (1995)
170: what I weighed six weeks later (1995)
200: what I weighed when I delivered my daughter (1997)
160: what I weighed six weeks later (1997)
178: what I weighed when I went on the South Beach Diet (2003)
146: what I weighed about three months later
193: what I weighed when I started Weight Watchers (2007)
175: what I weigh now.

Looking at these numbers, I can see that 160 pounds is a perfectly reasonable weight-loss goal, as long as I'm not planning to sit around on my ass all day long. Even 150 is attainable, as long as I ditch the car, walk everywhere I go, only eat food I've grown myself, go to the gym five days a week, stop drinking, and become a lumberjack.

---

Sorry to be so boring, yet up close and personal--revealing, even. But don't worry. I don't foresee any posts about the ups and downs of my bra size. Or my IQ.

* Oh, the irony of watching over her body like a hawk, and then corrupting her girlish world view with my god-awful work-out video crack.

No comments:

Post a Comment