Friday, January 9, 2009

Even as I type this, I'm winning Worst Mother of the Year award.

Luckily for me, it's only January. I have 11 months to be even worse.

So what am I doing that's so terrible? Well, it's parent visitation day at my kids' school, and right now I could be watching my daughter's PE class, or watching my son's science class. Or perhaps I could be in the shower, or getting dressed, or putting on some makeup. Or eating some breakfast.

This is not me.
It's Sherry Johnston, Alaskan grandparent and drug felon.
But there is definitely a resemblance.


Instead, I'm publishing a link to my latest Mamarazzi post, in which I award a Mamarazzi Mom of the Year award. With a link back to this post so you can tell me how mean I am.

And that is why I'm entering a shame spiral.

p.s. Also, blackbird is flying into town today. (That is, she will fly in if it ever stops snowing.) Well. You know how stylish and perfect blackbird is? Um ... she's going to see my house. With me in it. And neither my house nor my person is going to win any awards for stylishness, mmmk?

No comments:

Post a Comment