Thursday, July 31, 2008

There is no joy in Mudville


Oh, man.

Or maybe I should say, oh Manny.

The Red Sox have traded Manny Ramirez. He's going to LA. And he just hit his 500th homer on Saturday.

I know he's at the end of a long contract; I realize he's been getting paid a huge salary; I realize he's 36, which is 72 in baseball years.

Maybe it's the best thing for the team, but he was part of the team that brought the World Series back to Boston. I'll miss watching his trademark grin. I'll miss watching his dreads bounce around when he ran. I'll miss "Manny being Manny."

You know, nothing annoys me more than some pipsqueak of a mommyblogger complaining about feeling old. But for some reason, I do. I guess if Manny is old, I'm Methusalah's mother.

Yep, I'm just a grumpy old gal who thinks Manny Ramirez should still be playing for the Red Sox. With Carl Yastrzemski, Ted Williams, and Babe Ruth.

No comments:

Post a Comment