Monday, July 14, 2008

Letters to the Editor

Dear Poppy:

Can you see me making an "L" with my finger and thumb? Because duh, I wasn't lost; I was in the outside pocket of your bag all along.

Sheesh! What do I have to do, call you up?

Sincerely yours,

Your cell phone

---
Dear Poppy:

If you're one of those women who runs around putting everything away before the cleaning ladies show up? We shudder at what this place must usually look like.

Very truly yours,

Your cleaning ladies

----
Dear Poppy:

I'm sorry, but you really are a size 16.

Very truly yours,

The Talbots

---
Dear Poppy:

I can't believe you sit there and complain about gaining weight, and then order ice cream for dessert. With butterscotch sauce.

Very truly yours,
The wait staff where you ate lunch

p.s. We also saw you Hoover up your companion's fruit salad. And a roll. And a glass of wine.

---
Dear Poppy:

How are you going to go to sleep tonight?

Affectionately,

The laundry stacked up on your bed

---
Dear Poppy:

Don't you think it's time you refilled me? I'm empty, you know.

Sincerely yours,

The glass of wine next to your laptop

No comments:

Post a Comment