Sunday, June 1, 2008

Crocs

For your reading pleasure (or maybe not) a rant about Crocs.

But it's not what you think.



OK, I don't like them. But they have their advantages.

They're cheerful and cheap and comfortable. And cute. I guess. If you like your feet to look like crayons.

But here's my point; they're also made of plastic, which means when they get grubby, it's very easy to clean them. Like Naugahyde, Formica, and the plastic gardening clogs they so much resemble, they wipe clean with a damp cloth. So please do.


These days I'm seeing some Crocs that are looking really pretty woebegone, and it's just not necessary.

And hey, relax. I'm not asking you to do anything really complicated, like, say, shining a pair of leather shoes.

A quick swipe with a wet sponge will do wonders, and it will prevent you from looking like a cute and colorful survivor of the retreat from Kabul.

And honestly, people, Crocs cost $25 a pair, which is cheap enough for you to break down and buy a new pair when your old ones have gotten completely disreputable.

So hose down your Crocs. Or I'll tell you what I think of the current fad for fussy little pockets with snaps on the backsides of ladies who really should know better.

No comments:

Post a Comment