Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Today found me, at various times:

wide awake at 6:00 in the morning.

stuck in traffic.

singing "Santa Baby" to the Karaoke version on my iPod.

dressed in black, with a full face of makeup and tons of bling, singing "Santa Baby" to the mirrors in my apartment.

wearing a corsage and singing "Santa Baby" to a room full of middle-aged and elderly women.

listening to my daughter explain why it's my fault she forgot to bring her lunch to school.

driving in a blizzard.

walking out of Home Depot wearing a red wool coat with a black fox collar, black kid gloves, and a toilet lid on my head.

listening to my daughter sob and complain that her teachers are wasting her time.

taking my son to his cello lesson.

taking both my kids to their karate class.

listening to my daughter sob because she walked under the rear door of my minivan just as it was closing and got hit on the head.

begging my children for french fries.

using up my very last drop of patience dealing with my daughter's hysterics; this time over the difficulty of her homework.

drinking wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment