Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Stop me if I've used this graphic before ...


... but this is what 50 looks like.

That's right. This is a picture of me. And I turned fifty this morning! Of course, I don't usually dress like this. In this picture I'm wearing my George Burns in Drag costume.

All right. I'll stop lying. It's not me. But I did turn 50.

So listen to me, you blogging whippersnappers. I think a little respect is called for in these part, now that I'm the Venerable Poppy. No more of this cheekiness, you hear? I'm practically a member of the AARP.

And be prepared for a LOT of wisdom. After all, I've had even more time than you to ponder and distill my opinions on a wide variety of subjects. And I'd tell you all about arthritis and refinancing mortgages and other subjects so dear to the middle-aged, except right now I'm frantically looking for my cell phone so I can charge it before I go out tonight to act like a moron in front of 122 people.

Oh, and eventually, I'd upload pictures of my birthday loot, which is of a quality to make Joke soil himself (due to the frightening uptick in wifely expectations that will result when That Fabulous Babe He Married sees what That Stud Muffin I Married bought me.)

But as I said, I'm busy.

So quit screwing around and wish an old bag a happy birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment