Monday, August 21, 2006

Short entries got ... no reason to ... short entries got ...

no reason to ... short entries got ... no reason to live.

Except that my entries will probably be short for a while. Because my family has discovered me. Yes, your Poppy, that diamond in the rough who has been in New England for three weeks? Has become popular. With the people who have known her longer than anyone else.

So tonight That Stud Muffin I Married broiled steaks and made rotini with pesto and steamed brocolli and my sister brought over a tomato pie and assorted chocolates and we ate long and well. And drank, too. And talked about stuff that you're all too young to remember, like the 1969 Rolling Stones concert my sister took me to for my 12th birthday ...

yes, go ahead and do the math. I'm actually that old. And it's OK, really. Except for the incontinence. (j/k ... the bladder is fine.)

But the really amazing thing? And my sister and I were in total agreement here--our mother let us go. On the subway. To Boston Garden. To a Stones concert. And we were? 11 and 13.

Would you let your daughters do that? Of course not. Neither would I.

At any rate, I'm going to be very busy during the coming week, because my family has realized that I'm heading back to Newtopia on Sunday. So it's dinner here, lunch there, and I try not to bitch too much, but WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU PEOPLE DURING THE LAST TWO WEEKS?

p.s. My sister asked me what blogging was. So I showed her this. For all I know, she's going to be a regular reader. So all together now: "Hi Sally!"

No comments:

Post a Comment