Thursday, May 27, 2010

Why I still buy glittery eye makeup

After all my talk about neutral eyeshadows being best for women of a certain age, why do I have a stash of makeup worthy of a trannie hoarder?

I mean, how many shades of glitter eyeliner does a 53-year-old housewife really need?

Today's face included two: Urban Decay's Spandex (shades of blue) along the upper eyelashes and Distortion (white-ish holographic) along the lower eyelashes. Then there was the MAC shimmer eyeshadows in Crystal Avalanche (white with lots of shimmer) and Contrast (deep blue) and the white lipgloss with sparkles from a Sephora palette topped with another gloss with holographic glitter, this time from a Bratz tube.

Maybe you've figured it out. Today's face wasn't on me.

It was on my daughter, who decided to show her school spirit by decking herself out in school colors.

Right down to her fingernails and eyeshadow.

Me? I'm much more boring. I went to the MAC store on Oak Street in Chicago yesterday to pick up a few shades of eyeshadow for my 15-pan eye shadow palette. I even branched out beyond beige, so at the moment, I'm sporting about six shades of neutral / brown with a little tiny bit of shimmery olive green in the center of my eyelids. (But you have to look really closely to see it.)

Pay no attention to the grubby container full of dead plant on the left!

I think tomorrow I'll make a video about my new MAC eyeshadows. As well as show some of my favorite neutral eyeshadow quads. But it's going to take real skill to make my quads seem as fun as painted-on whiskers.

No comments:

Post a Comment