Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Stop the Presses!

I cooked dinner tonight. This shouldn't be amazing, because I'm a housewife, but it is, because That Stud Muffin I Married does most of the cooking.

What can I say? At this point in my life, cooking is about as thrilling as going to the grocery store. You spend enough decades doing something, and the excitement, once at a rolling boil, subsides to a barely-perceptible simmer.*

But tonight I made: pulled pork in a red, vinegary sauce served on top of home-made mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and home-made coleslaw. Dessert was home-made vanilla ice cream topped with organic raspberries, that miraculously, were only $1.89 a punnet.**

* Please note deft use of cooking metaphor. I'm not just a good cook; I'm an English major. A writer, forsooth.

** Which is a word that amuses my husband to no end.

No comments:

Post a Comment