Thursday, September 7, 2006

You will run away and never come back to read my blog when you discover that I don't know

who shot J.R.

what a nebulizer does.

where Iraq is.

when Oprah is on.

what Pearl Jam sounds like.

Karl Rove's job title.

what cankles are.

why that guy who just got killed by a stingray was famous.

how much is a kilowatthour.

"Poppy, you ignorant slut" I can almost hear you say.

Well, yes, I am. But here's one thing I know; this week's renter has very good taste. See, when you're becoming a scholar, which is something I was doing for far too long, you learn to check people's footnotes. The reasoning being that if you know whom someone cites, you get a sense of where they'll be going with their own work. Also, if the stuff they cite is stupid? Well, stupidity has a way of compounding itself.

I know that footnotes and links are not the same. Still, I think a peek into the links list is worthwhile when I'm trying to decide who this week's tenant should be. Well, kilowatthour has the following in her blogroll: babelbabe, blackbird, (who link to her) and miss doxie, all of whom are great bloggers.

So I figured, anyone with such good taste can hang out with me for a week.

See where it says "No Thumbnail Available?" Could you please give it a click? Check out kilowatthour, and tell her hi from Poppy the Ignorant Slut.

No comments:

Post a Comment