Thursday, February 2, 2006

Crazy Day/Sane Day

Yesterday was a crazy day:

6:45 Got up and dressed.
7:00-8:00 Got children up, fed, dressed and to school.
10:00-11:00. Appointment with shrinky-drink. (What? You didn't think this blog was enough therapy, did you?)
11:00 Drove downtown for a
12:00 - 1:30 rehearsal with my singing group at my club, where I also
1:40-2:20 worked out, then
2:30 drove home,
3:11 and picked up my children at school, whereupon I immediately
3:30 took my son to yet another appointment to be psychologically evaluated.
4:00 - 5:00 I kept my daughter entertained in the waiting room, and then
5:00 took both children to karate.
5:30-6:20 While they were in class, I worked out.
6:30 Then I took the children to grocery store and bought groceries.
7:00 Got home, unpacked car, put away groceries.
7:30 Made terrible "bad Mom" hot dogs + cut up watermelon + milk dinner.
7:45 Got children into pjs; watched the last half-hour of The Cocoanuts with my son.
9:00 Read two chapters of son's latest book aloud; put children to bed.
9:15 Greeted husband upon his return home.
9:30 Took bath.
10:00 Passed out without laying out tomorrow's clothes or turning out the lights, leaving dirty dishes in kitchen.

Today I:

Got the children up,
took them to school,
and made my excuses to their teachers for their not having done a lick of homework the night before.

Came home.

Ate breakfast; read paper; cleaned up kitchen while listening to The Mating Season on CD;

Made beds and straightened up bedrooms while listening to earlymusic.net on live365;

Did a few loads of laundry.

While laundry was in machines, culled daughter's book collection.

Ate lunch while listening to more of The Mating Season.

Ordered some pjs from in the pink; posted about it on my other blog

and most importantly:

did. not. work. out.

Conclusion? All that gym time bleeds over into the rest of my life and before I know it, I'm acting like a hamster in a wheel. The lesson you should learn from this? Spend less time running around and more time sitting on your butt in front of your computer.

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment